GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS - GISGeographical Information Systems are composed of five components which can be considered as integral links of the chain. GIS components; hardware, software, human, data and purpose.
- Hardware : Computer, tablet, GPS devices to be used for GIS operations.
- Software : GIS software for processing, querying and analyzing information.
- Human : People make up GIS users. Geographic Information Systems have limited competence without people managing the system and data, performing analysis, updating and planning to use it.
- Data : The most important component produced or supplied for use in GIS operations.
- Objective : To make the most of all GIS operations.